Find out if IFG Wills is right for you in 20 seconds.
We were tired of seeing people have to choose between limited DIY wills and expensive bespoke options.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Let’s see if our will is right for you.
Why choose IFG
Legal & Sharia Experts
MA in Islamic Banking and Finance
Alim under the tutelage of Shaykh Akram Nadwi
Qualified Solicitor – previously worked at city law firms Ashurst LLP and Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Qualified Solicitor – previously worked at city law firm Squire Patton Boggs LLP
Alim from Darul Uloom Bury
BA in Banking and law
Previously Islamic scholar at National Zakat Foundation
Yes! You have two options:
- You can pay £30 whenever you need to change your will in the future.
- You can subscribe for just £10 a year to make unlimited changes your will whenever you need.
With a free will template you do not get any of the following:
- Legal review of your drafting (~70% of the wills we see contain legal errors before we correct them). Without those corrections your will won’t actually say what you think it says.
- Mufti review of your proposed bequests (~50% of the wills we see contain Islamic errors. Without our guidance their will would be inadvertently unIslamic).
- Someone to ask questions to before, during and after the will-writing process.
- Basic tax-planning advice. Around 30% of our wills benefit from our basic tax-planning tips that can save £10,000s.
- Someone to sort out the headache of the drafting and reviewing so you only have to sign on the dotted line when you get the document.
We cover in detail the limited circumstances where it makes sense for you to use free Islamic wills in this detailed guide here.
You can change your will as many times as you need to in the week it takes for us to get your will over to you.
After that if there are minor changes, we can do those as well as a courtesy.
Not at this stage.
Not at this stage.
Yes. We also offer a Trust-based will and will offer that to those of our clients for whom it is suitable.
Our trust-based will is a robust, tax-efficient solution designed in collaboration with a leading wills barrister from Ten Old Square Chambers.
Yes. Each spouse has to get their own will written.
We offer a £10 referral bonus and a £10 discount to the person who referred. For spouses this amounts to over 20% off the cost price.
Both of us (Mohsin and Ibrahim) have quit our corporate legal careers to focus full-time on IFG as we believe strongly that there is a need for strong personal finance education and resources for the UK Muslim community. If people like us do not take a risk and sacrifice a bit, no one will. IFG Wills is a subsidiary of www.islamicfinanceguru.com.
IFG Wills works for us from a commercial perspective as a lot of the will production is automated using sophisticated programming. This means our job is cut down from laborious copy-pasting to just pure legal review. Ultimately this then saves you guys £100s of pounds.
The IFG trust-based will is a tax-efficient will designed and crafted in collaboration with a leading wills barrister. We automatically offer it to those of our customers for whom it is suitable.
Just fill out our will form and we’ll flag to you if the trust-based will is relevant.
It is ideal for people with an estate over £325,000, or who have mean-tested benefit recipients among their heirs, or who would like to retain a lot of flexibility and discretion as to how their estate is divided up after their passing.
We charge £348 for this solution, less than a third of what a high-street solicitor would charge. We can do this because we use technology to bring down our costs, which we can then pass on to you.
For estates over £2m, you should seek specialist tax planning advice but under that, the IFG trust-based will is perfect.
Yes – our wills are fully legal and binding in England & Wales. We are fully qualified and registered solicitors.
Our Islamic Wills FAQ can be accessed here- https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/islamic-wills-uk-guide/